Just as Citylight Benson is committed to Multiplying Disciples and Churches, Citylight Kids exists to give families and children who enter our church an opportunity to meet Jesus, become more like Jesus, and share Jesus with others.
Purpose of Citylight Kids
Studies show that most children’s permanent view of God is formed by age 5, and also show that 85% of those who accept Christ do so between the ages of 4 and 14. Matthew 19:14-16 says, ” ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.’ And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.”
With this knowledge in mind we seek to:
Partner with PARENTS in nurturing the spiritual development of each child.
Encourage PARENTS to actively participate in worship, Bible study, fellowship, and ministry opportunities individually and with their children.
Nurture three key RELATIONSHIPS
a child’s relationship with God,
volunteers’ relationships with one another and children, and
our church’s relationship with families.
Help children begin to believe and enjoy the GOSPEL – the good news that God saves sinners through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Provide activity-based, GOSPEL-soaked teaching, which includes Bible stories, music, opportunities to share and express themselves in age-appropriate ways, and chances to respond to God’s love for them with faith and belief.
9am and 11am Service (Volunteers arrive 30 minutes before service starts)
- Nursery/Toddler (Birth – 3 years)
- Preschool – Kindergarten (Must be potty trained)
- Younger Elementary (1st-3rd Grade)
- Older Elementary (4th-6th Grade)
* Children 12 years and up may apply to become a Youth Helper to serve alongside adults in CLK.
* CLK is committed to working with families to finding the class that best fits your child. If you have questions about the room your child is in, or a request for them to be in a different room, please contact our CL Kids director.
Citylight Kids Ministry Leader