Top Leaders Coming Together To Discuss a Better Benson
Benson, March 8, 2019 – Citylight Benson Church is hosting a half-day conference for Benson business owners, principals, artists, non-profits, residents, and other neighborhood-influencers on Friday, March 8th (5612 Corby St.). The goal is to build and strengthen relationships among leaders in the community, share innovative ideas, celebrate success stories, and network with like-minded individuals.
Doors open at 8:00am. City Councilman Pete Festersen will be the first main speaker at 8:30am on the topic of “The Benson Renaissance.” The second speaker to take the stage is Benson High Principal Tom Wagner at 9:30am. The morning will also include a Benson-area principals panel, creative arts spotlight, business leaders panel, and round table workshop to discuss solutions to Benson’s biggest challenges.
Other panelists and special guests include:
- John Larkin – Owner of Jake’s Cigars & Spirits, Beercade, St. Andrews Pub
- Ryan Morrissey – Benson Neighborhood Association
- Tylee Hanson – Principal of Rose Hill Elementary
- Dr. Monica Green – Principal of Benson West Elementary
- Sarah Johnson – Owner of Omaha Bicycle Co.
- Autumn Pruitt – Owner of Hardy Coffee
- Joe Carmichael – Owner of 1912, Benson Brewery, & Burke’s Pub
- Amy Ryan – Benson Theatre Executive Director
- Karen Pietsch – Benson Library Branch Manager
- Kurt Goetzinger – Benson Facebook Page & Benson Garden Founder
- Ben Shafer – The 402 Arts Collective Executive Director
- Jeff Spiehs – Community Relations Manager at Metropolitan Area Planning Agency
To view the promo video, watch interviews of local leaders, and stay updated please visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/betterbensonne.
Registration for the event is $15 (https://tiny.cc/betterbenson) and includes a free lunch at 12:30pm from a local favorite – Mayne Street Market. There are only 10 seats/lunches remaining!